We accept the following file formats TIF, TIFF, JPG, EPS, PNG, AI, PSD, and PDF.
The maximum acceptable combined file size for all uploads is 75MB (megabytes).
All file formats must have a minimum of 350 dpi (dot per inch) resolution.
The images designed for the web are done at a low screen resolution of 72 dpi. Print images need to be created at 350 dpi or there will be a substantial drop in the image quality.
All color artwork and/or images must be provided in CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) color mode.
All black & white artworks and/or images must be provided in grayscale color mode.
Heavy black ink might cause smearing.
What’s a bleed?
Bleed is the portion of the product that will be trimmed off when it is cut to the final size.
The purpose of a bleed is to continue a color, image, or design to the edge of the product. Due to the possibility of shifting in the trimming process, a bleed is required to ensure that a white line does not show on the edges of your product.
We require ALL files to be built to the full bleed dimension specified for each trim size.
We automatically trim the bleed off of each side, which will result in the desired trim size.
For example: all business cards except for the 2″ x 3.5″ with round corners and 2.17″ x 3.35″ with round corners require a 0.1″ bleed to each dimension (or 0.05″ bleed on all four sides). Thus, a 2″ x 3.5″ business card would have a bleed size 2.1″ x 3.6″. Design your files on these templates to ensure proper bleed.
Please build your print-ready digital files by adding the appropriate bleed to your file.
Add 0 .1″ bleed to each dimension (or 0.05″ bleed on all four sides) for the following products:
- Business Cards*
- CD Packages
- Club Flyers
- Collection Cards
- DVD Packages
- Event Tickets
- Rack Cards
- Rip Business Cards
- Table Tents
- Tent Cards
* For the 2″ x 3.5″ with round corners and 2.17″ x 3.35″ with round corners, add 0.325″ bleed)
** Postcards (For the 4″ x 6″ postcard with round corners and 5.5″ x 8.5″ postcards with round corners, add 0.325″ bleed)
Add 0.125″ (1/8″) bleed to each dimension (or 0.0625″ bleed on all four sides) for the following products:
- Door Hangers
- Hang Tags
- Mini Menus
- Staggered Cut Flyers
- Posters (Wide)
- Window Clings
- Window Decals
- Yard Signs
* Add 0.325″ bleed to each dimension for all special shapes.
* Add 0.1875″ bleed to each dimension for roll labels (or 0.09375″ bleed on all four sides for square or rectangle roll labels).
* Add 0.225″ bleed to each dimension (or 0.1125″ bleed on all four sides) for presentation folders, except for the 9″ x 12″, which has a bleed of 0.3″.
* Add 0.375″ bleed to each dimension (or 0.1875″ bleed on all four sides) for booklets, calendars, and catalogs.
- Fonts must be embedded in PDF files.
- Fonts must be outlined or converted to paths or curves in EPS files.
- Some fonts have copyright restrictions and will not embed in PDF Files.
- Quark Express: Fonts and images must be included with all files submitted. (Mac only)
All critical elements (text, images, logos, etc.) must be kept at least 0.125″ inside the edge. Anything left close to edge may be cut off during trimming.
Please allow 1/16″ cutting space around your card. No borders are recommended, as shifting in the cutting process may make borders appear uneven.
|Products||Final Print Size – 350dpi||Size with Bleed – 350dpi|
|Business Card||Inch: 2″x3.5″